[CQ-Contest] Awards for Low Power

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Awards for Low Power
From: l38217@alfa.ist.utl.pt (Pedro Pedroso)
Date: Wed Oct 29 10:54:14 1997
        Hello !
        There is something about plaques I never understood,
        why there is only plaques for the High Power enters !!??
        I don't have an amplifier, so I will never get a plaque !
        The only guys in low Power to get plaques are the first
        in the world and continent on all band.
        Why there aren't any plaques for monoband entries ?
        I think those big gunners don't have the slightest idea of
        how hard the low power can be. In many ocasions we spent
        call and call without any answer. Do you know how long it
        takes to break a pile-up ??
        The creation of the low power cathegory as shown that you
        understand that the low power could never compete with the
        Big Gunners, anyway why don't we get prizes like the others ?

        I'll say no more for the moment untill I see if there are
        more Low Power contesters thinking the same way !

        I just don't think it is fair that I get the same kind of
        award if I'm first in my country or in my continent, just like
        it happen with last year's results when I got 1st place europe
        on 10m ! (Of course the award hasn't reached me yeat as usual).

                        Best 73 and CU all in CQWW CW

 | Pedro Pedroso                        |                            |
 | l38217@alfa.ist.utl.pt               |  CT1ELP                    |
 | Eng. Electrotecnica e Computadores   |  Founder member of GPDX    |
 | (Telecomunicacoes e electronica)     |                            |
 | Address: P.O.Box 116 , 2806 Almada Codex , PORTUGAL               |