[CQ-Contest] THANK YOU CUSHCRAFT !!!!!!!!

Subject: [CQ-Contest] THANK YOU CUSHCRAFT !!!!!!!!
From: sv1cvy@tee.gr (DIMITRAKAKIS MIHALIS)
Date: Thu Oct 30 03:04:34 1997
Dear Sir

I have to THANK  CUSHCRAFT for what they did to me the past
week.
It was monday Oct.20 when I placed an order to HRO in Oakland
ordering  the  two torroids prewired which are located inside the
black box (impedance matching box) of my R7 multi.vertical .
I specifically mentioned to them to get these by Friday Oct 24.
here in Athens Greece so I could be ready for the contest.
Unfortunately after spending $60.00 for the 3 day service by UPS
when I opened the box I found out that the cushcraft people
had picked up the wrong parts so I immediately send an email to
HRO ( George WB6DSV)  explaining  the mixed up.

He contacted them the same day (friday one day before the contest)
explaining to them about my situation and they immediately send
"INTL PRIORITY FEDEX" the whole "black box" to me here in Greece at no charge.

Unfortunately I received the package wensday Oct.29  3 days after
the contest but at least they "paid me back" for losing the CQWW contest.

I HAVE TO THANK CUSHCRAFT (ALEX PETIT) AND
HRO STORE (GEORGE VARVITSIOTI WB6DSV) FOR THEIR
UNDERSTANDING AND EFFORDS

PS   The reason I "roasted the black box" of my R7 was that I used
the TT TITAN at full power on ssb for afew 15 seconds (with 1.7 SWR) so please
"donot try this at home" .With 800W I have no problem.

73 Michael  SV1CVY

email  sv1cvy@tee.gr