[CQ-Contest] 160 Meters for SS ??????

Subject: [CQ-Contest] 160 Meters for SS ??????
From: miltj@aepnet.com (Milt Jensen, N5IA)
Date: Mon Nov 3 19:51:02 1997
I did not participate in the CW SS this past weekend, but I did monitor
some on all bands.  I do plan to participate in the SSB SS.

I have read all the posts of scores and war stories on the 3830 reflector
that have appeared thus far.

I did not hear any stations operating on 160 Meters and I see no posted
scores containing 160 Meter contacts.

I reviewed the October QST SS announcement and could not find any
prohibition of operating on 160 Meters.

My question, at the risk of being flamed, is:    With 40 meters so long,
and with 80 Meters so crowded, why was 160 Meters not utilized?  It would
seem to be a real good SS band based upon my experience with ARRL 160 and
the two CQ 160 contests.

I would appreciate direct replies so as to not clutter up the reflector.
Thanks and 73 de Milt, N5IA