[CQ-Contest] CQWW: M/S or M/M?

Subject: [CQ-Contest] CQWW: M/S or M/M?
From: jmellis@ihug.co.nz (Martin Ellis)
Date: Thu Nov 6 00:33:57 1997
I entered the CQWW SSB with a run rig and a multiplier rig,
and one computer (run) and paper log (multiplier).
But obviously we were under equipped...

But can someone explain how a station with 17 operators,
10 transceivers, 6 amplifiers,and 14 PC's can be a
a Multiop/Singletransmitter effort rather than multi/multi?
Thanks,
Martin ZL1ANJ