[CQ-Contest] checking for uniques, new tool Win95

Subject: [CQ-Contest] checking for uniques, new tool Win95
From: ka0rny@midusa.net (Nate Bargmann)
Date: Wed Nov 5 12:47:57 1997
> I would not put 100% weight in checking against master.dta for 2 reasons:
>
> 1. the op already had that option of checking during the contest.
> 2. master.dta as it is is not what was on during the contest - it
> represents what was reported in earlier contests.

I wondered if some people weren't relying on on MASTER.DAT as I moved
back to Kansas from Oklahoma about 2 months ago.  This was my first
SS, or any other contest, from Kansas and I had some that asked my
section a couple of times and one that seemed to want to argue that
it should be OK instead of KS!  I found this rather amusing to say
the least.

> U log what U hear - not what is in master.dta

Precisely, except that my code ability is none to great but adequate
enough to allow me to work a few Q's in SS and Field Day every year.

> I would feel very wrong about post checking my log against master.dta with
> the idea of taking some type of log action.
> I understand you are not recommending it.

Just like taking a test, changed answers are often changed wrong.

73, de Nate >>

     Packet   | KA0RNY @ WF0A.#SCKS.KS.USA.NOAM        | "If wires can be
     Internet | ka0rny@midusa.net                      | connected in two
     Location | Valley Center, KS USA EM17hs           | different ways,
             View yet another web page at:             | the first way
       http://homepage.netspaceonline.com/~ka0rny/     | blows the fuse!"