[CQ-Contest] More on cookies

Subject: [CQ-Contest] More on cookies
From: w2up@itw.com (Barry Kutner)
Date: Thu Nov 6 09:31:58 1997
After getting several replies, and checking some Web sites I now
understand coolies (I think). I've learned you can't get a virus from a
cookie, but information you entered in one Web site, and be transferred
to another, such as the sites you visited, and any information you may
have entered at a site (such as name, address, SSN, credit card
numbers, etc.) If privacy is a concern, see this site:
http://www.cookiecentral.com/dsm.htm

One solution to the "prying eyes" is delete the contents of your
cookies.txt file and set it READ ONLY.
73 Barry

--
Barry Kutner, W2UP                            Internet: w2up@itw.com
Newtown, PA                                   Frankford Radio Club