[CQ-Contest] 1 X 1 Callsigns-Contest Advantage?

Subject: [CQ-Contest] 1 X 1 Callsigns-Contest Advantage?
From: k0hb@juno.com (Hans Brakob)
Date: Tue Nov 11 00:59:51 1997
Hi Jerry,

I actually obtained a 1x1 for a special event which "just happened" to
fall on the same weekend of the CW run of SS. (Whiskey Zero
November - W0N).

Never used it, because the more I thought about it seemed:

1) To be just a little tacky or  "showboating".
2) Inside the letter but outside the spirit of the 1x1 program (as I saw
it).
3) Of no particular advantage anyhow, given the confusion it might cause.

In the example you pose, it seems to that the "work me and my budds in
the contest for some wallpaper" crosses some sort of "fair competition"
line.

Just my .02 worth.

Hans, K0HB

 -