R: [CQ-Contest] Benefits of Multi-operator ONE Transmitter Category

Subject: R: [CQ-Contest] Benefits of Multi-operator ONE Transmitter Category
From: i4ufh@contest.dsnet.it (Fabio I4UFH)
Date: Tue Nov 11 22:28:31 1997
Hi Guys,

I want to give my five cents to the discussion. I agree with Tom N4KG
about the addition of a new category. But I think that the new
category must be added without interfering with the another one. New
category M/S single transmitter without 10 minute rules and a limited
number of op's , no more that 4 (called MS Unlimited), could increase
the participation, and could increase the mult's on air, due the fact
that this is the optimum arrangement for small Contest expeditions
with limited setup. Our experience in the last two years from IG9,
African Italy, is the follow :

We had organized 3/5 single band effort to optimize the results and
have fun, (SOSB world winning and all time records setted) because the
M/S ,world target, effort could not be organized due a lack of op's
and setup. In a new "M/S Unlimited" single transmitter ( real single
transmitter, no 2/3/4 station that catch mult's on another band and
simulating a band switch) effort from IG9 could have it's reason, due
the difficulties to setup the station as field day every time to be
competitive with the rest of the world.

I think it's time to change also in the M/S category, SOA has been
added for the SO op's ( I don't agree the SOA ) and a new category is
waited for the M/S op's. Times are changing and we need to updat.

This is my opinion, please don't flame, almost an European point of
view that , reading the mail on the reflector , seem very different
from the over ocean point of view.

73 de Fabio I4UFH

I4UFH  one of IR4T, IG9R, 5H1FS, KF6FBE

e-mail : i4ufh@contest.dsnet.it