[CQ-Contest] TS850s questions

Subject: [CQ-Contest] TS850s questions
From: NQ4I@compuserve.com (Rick Dougherty NQ4I)
Date: Fri Nov 21 06:14:06 1997
Hi to all out in contest land...have aquired a TS850S to add to the
station...it is our first computer controlled radio...have 5 ts930s, and
this 850s...first impression is  real nice radio for the $$$...however...my
ts930s' are all set up as qsk on cw..ie the keying relay is eliminated from
the keying circuit and the alphas all key off the keying transistor..can't
find nything in the 850s manual about that...am wanting to disable the loud
clacking relay..is it possible???

Question #2...do I have to buy the expensive interface from Kenwood, or is
it possible to home brew?

tnx nd counting the days till cw test de Rick NQ4I <NQ4I@compuserve.com>