[CQ-Contest] South-pointing Beam

Subject: [CQ-Contest] South-pointing Beam
From: kg5u@hal-pc.org (Dale Martin)
Date: Sat Nov 22 04:51:32 1997
(It was a coin toss as to whether this question should be posed to
CQ Contest or TowerTalk Reflector; CQ Contest won).

I currently have an A3S at the top of the 70' tower.

At 40', I have an A3 hardmounted pointing NW.

I use the two to what I believe is good (if not great) effect
(keeping my signal on both coasts) in domestic contests.

I plan to operate in WW CW and was thinking about the
South Americans and the improving prop on 15 and 10m.

The thought occurred to me to swing the 40' A3 around
to the south as there might be more activity there than
to the N/NW/W.  I could rely on the rotatable A3 at the
top to swing between NW and NE for Asian and Euro Q's.

A third beam on the tower for this contest is out of the
question...at least, at this late date....

Thoughts? Suggestions? Comments?

73,

Dale Martin, KG5U
kg5u@hal-pc.org