[CQ-Contest] Re: Where was Zone 2 on 40 (and maybe other bands)?

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Re: Where was Zone 2 on 40 (and maybe other bands)?
From: rocker@datasync.com (Ray Rocker)
Date: Mon Dec 1 16:10:32 1997
> >  Worked 34 zones on 40 this weekend, but never heard zone 2!
>
> Zone 2 was definitely the "stinker" this time around.

Out of almost 800 QSOs I didn't work a single zone 2. Contrast that
to the phone contest where I remember at least three of 'em, and I
only spent a couple of hours in that one.

Also missed zone 12, 23, and 26 on all bands. I remember running across
a loud XQ1IDM on 40m Saturday night but the pileup was so huge and unruly
that I gave up after a few calls. Never heard 23. I finally caught an HS8
with a good signal on 20 about 5 minutes before it was over and managed to
work him -- after the contest.

--
                   Ray Rocker * WQ5L * rocker@datasync.com
   Datasync * Your Internet Connection on the Mississippi-Alabama Gulf Coast