[CQ-Contest] More...I Shuda Known Betta

Subject: [CQ-Contest] More...I Shuda Known Betta
From: k2uvg@gnt.net (Hank Kahrs)
Date: Wed Dec 3 19:49:59 1997
I must admit I had the same problem with a 2x2 call.  Recently the Northwest
Florida DX Group procured the use of NF4DX for a club call.  The trustee is
Hud, K4BU.  I "borrowed" it twice now for both versions of the CQWW.  Both
times were not serious efforts.  I got bored in the SSB looking for new
stuff (zones/countries) so on Sat night tried to work DXCC S&P style...got
75 countries in 5 hours time.  On phone there was the "what did u say???"
response but it was quickly correctable.  Once again I was playing in the CW
contest and it was either really bad or not a problem.  A certain 9Y friend
of mine needed a fill the first time but took it in stride on another band.
Folks are not ready for the out of ordinary call unless you are a DXpedition
with sufficient call recognition, publicity and correct spots to keep the
masses informed.  Just look at the number of "BY4A" spots we had!!  Most
QSOs were made via the 4DX route with NF as a fill.  Oh yes, we did complete
DXCC for the call... 9 hours total.  That was fun.  Look for us the the WPX
contests (SSB/CW/RTTY).  I think we will do better there...hi!

73, Hank/K2UVG
k2uvg@gnt.net
Niceville, FL