[CQ-Contest] VR8A (and other oddities)

Subject: [CQ-Contest] VR8A (and other oddities)
From: n4zr@contesting.com (Pete Smith)
Date: Fri Dec 5 13:15:19 1997
At 03:52 PM 12/5/97 -0600, Jeff wrote:

>BV2A: Answered my CQ. I don't see any other contest reports of him.
>maybe...

Tim's often been a sometimer in contests ... in and out pretty quickly ....
and he must be at least 85 now.  Could be OK.

>FP5FC: His signal was from the NW. Others noted this too. Was on several
>bands.

I noted that his signal peaked slightly west of North also.  Other
parameters seemed OK though.

>FK8HC: Weird op. Probably Ok but not sure.

Worked him too - heading and time of day were right, but grotty CW.

>And Last: A61AJ ...

Can't comment on operating techniques, because despite 1630 other QSOs I
never even heard them!  Go figure.

73,

Pete N4ZR

In Wild Wonderful, fairly rare WEST Virginia