[CQ-Contest] Re: Drake Filter

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Re: Drake Filter
From: kl7y@alaska.net (Dan Robbins)
Date: Sat Dec 6 07:57:35 1997
At 07:12 PM 12/3/97 +1300, you wrote:
>Rusty NA5TR wrote:
>> I have a Drake Low Pass filter for which I need parts Help.
>> It is a TV-3300-LP filter, and one of the "mica wafer" capacitors
>> was toasted...
>
>Hello Rusty,
>After suffering the same problem, I purchased the Bencher YA-1
>lowpass filter which is rated at 5Kw peak.  This unit has been
>checked with a spectrum analyser and performs as stated.
>
>Hope this helps...
>Martin ZL1ANJ

I vote for ICE (1-800-ICE-COMM).  I've used the Bencher before and it gets
quite warm on 10 and 15 at legal power.  I bought a couple of the larger ICE
units (Model 422) which are rated at 12kwPEP/6kwDC and they don't get warm
on any band.  They have withstood arcing antennas, high SWRs and operator
mistakes.  Seems like a good investment for a few dollars more than the
Bencher YA-1.

BTW, many moons ago I blew up a TV-3300LP just like NA5TR - mine occurred at
400W into a 2:1 SWR on 15 meters.

                                                Dan KL7Y