[CQ-Contest] 80 Meter verticals on the edge of a cliff

Subject: [CQ-Contest] 80 Meter verticals on the edge of a cliff
From: readerl@goliath.sunyocc.edu (Larry Reader)
Date: Tue Dec 9 16:04:06 1997
Since I don't know if this is a good idea or not, and I'm sure folks
have either done this or modeled it, I'm asking for wise opinions on
the following:

At WP2Z we use sloping dipoles for 75 and 80.  We want to do better and
so are considering a Gladiator 80 meter vertical with 4 elevated
radials.  The antenna will be located just east of the house.

The question.  Is the top of a 900 ft cliff with ocean below a good
place for this type of antenna?  At the moment all antennas at WP2Z are
horizontally polarized.  I know how good a vertical can be stuck in the
sand down on the beach but don't know about putting it high, high,
high, above the water.

Thanks, in advance, for the help.

Larry
KE2VB