[CQ-Contest] 1 station, 2 callsigns

Subject: [CQ-Contest] 1 station, 2 callsigns
From: tgstewart@pepco.com (tgstewart@pepco.com)
Date: Fri Dec 12 10:09:30 1997
I cant agree completely, although I think some modifications could be made.

If you allow one guy to use more than one call over a weekend, and he
decides to work only his own club members, you open up a can of worms
regarding stuffing club points.  While I dont believe that was the intent
here, I'm sure that's a lot of the reasoning behind these rules.

I also dont agree with allowing single ops more than one signal at a time
for the same reasons that it isnt allowed on HF.  During contests, there is
no lack of activity.  6 and 2 meters are always used to schedule contacts
on the other bands and these bands are overcrowded during contests anyway.
We dont need a bunch of blind CQing tearing up those bands.
In addition there is the issue of keeping things manageable for single op
stations.  Most dont have the capability to operate more than one band at
once, simultaneously or otherwise, so by allowing others to do it, you up
the ante to compete on that level by a serious amount of money.

73, Ty K3MM

n5nj@worldnet.att.net on 12/12/97 08:40:56 AM