[CQ-Contest] more 1 station, 2callsigns

Subject: [CQ-Contest] more 1 station, 2callsigns
From: W2XL@aol.com (W2XL)
Date: Sun Dec 14 14:12:28 1997
Interesting replies to my post about using more than one callsign at a
station for a given contest. The rules I quoted from Dec QST have been
printed for EVERY ARRL contest, except the ARRL 160 'test.  I think
this was just a oversight , but some chose to take advantage and use 2
calls for 1 contest, both as single and multi-op.  Now those who like
to "push the envelope" when it comes to rule interpretation are crying
that what is published in Dec QST is different from what is published
elsewhere for certain contests. I agree with those who say that it
just clarifies what most of us thought was "implied" in most of the
rules for all contests. I have a hard time being sympathetic to those
who exploit every loop- hole, perceived or otherwise, in the interest
of higher rate. What it boils down to is is this: If you operate from
1 location, only one score should be submitted for a given contest,
from that location. Anything else violates the spirit and the intent
of the rules of the contest AND fairplay.  73, Bob W2XL

W2XL@aol.com