[CQ-Contest] Re: CQ-Contest Digest V1 #330

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Re: CQ-Contest Digest V1 #330
From: kgsmith@onlink.net (ken smith)
Date: Tue Dec 16 10:10:38 1997
At 11:46 PM 12/15/97 -0500, you wrote:

>I admit to being naive when it comes to any reason why using more
>than one call from a given station would be of any benefit until the
>answer hit me.  Imagine the scenerio where a single world class
>station capable of operating the 6 HF contest bands simultaneously in
>CQWW, either mode, enters six seperate single band/single op scores
>all with different calls.  Now, if a naive person like me can dream
>that one up....

This senario doesn't take much dreaming up. It's done at several stations,
and I don't see any reason why not. I remember a comment from a dx station
on the reflector several months ago where the operator would operate a
contest using one call, but once the maximum time allowance was reached for
that station, he would switch call signs to give out the multiplier to
people. Makes sense to me.

Ken
VA3SK