[CQ-Contest] re: 1,2,many calls - 1,2,many stations -GUILTY!

Subject: [CQ-Contest] re: 1,2,many calls - 1,2,many stations -GUILTY!
From: TOMK5RC@aol.com (TOMK5RC)
Date: Thu Dec 18 14:28:40 1997
In a message dated 97-12-18 11:46:43 EST,
Nace_Steve_SC2720@satgate.sat.mot.com writes:

<< Boy, I sure feel better now that I have that off my chest.

 73 de KN5h

And we are really glad you did!

What's the point? What is the spirit of the rule? If I remember the last
twelve times we've debated this, the contest sponsors don't want us "salting"
our buddies logs with every call sign in our zip code. To that end, perhaps we
need to re-write the rule a bit. There are three call signs licensed to my
home QTH, one being a Club call, the others are me and Midge. I see nothing
wrong with any or all of them being active in a contest scenario, as long as
they are not being selectively fed to enhance someone's score while being
withheld from others. As Steve did, I may use one call on phone and another on
CW, if I am entering separate categories, or some other rational use of two
calls.

I've recently met some of our comrades who have eight and ten club calls at
their QTH. I have a real problem with the purpose, intent and spirit of that
scenario.

Tom Taormina, K5RC/7 (along with K7GJ and KC5AFO)