[CQ-Contest] re: Operating /HRx

Subject: [CQ-Contest] re: Operating /HRx
From: N6NT@worldnet.att.net (Bruce Sawyer)
Date: Sun Dec 21 12:44:02 1997
W7TSQ recently noted:
>Gary informs me that will the period for the ARRL CW test is booked, his
>resort is open for the ARRL SSB test and the CQ WPX SSB.
>Interested parties should contact Gary directly at:
>oakbay@globalnet.hn
>Bob W7TSQ
>his QSL manager

Just as in interesting footnote to the above, I would mention that I
personally made numerous contacts trying to find how I could obtain legal
authorization to operate in Honduras that would (or should) pass scrutiny by
the DXCC desk.  I followed every lead I was given, though for obvious
reasons I'd prefer not to mention them here.  Nowhere did I hear that I
would be able to get a piece of paper in my hand which originated from a
responsible authority in the HR government and which explicitly authorized
me to operate an amateur radio station in Honduras on the HF bands.  This is
absolutely not to say that anybody else who has operated from there has done
so illegally...just that I couldn't find a way to do it myself.  'Nuff said.

73,
Bruce, n6NT