[CQ-Contest] Meeting FCC Guidelines for Exposure to RFFields

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Meeting FCC Guidelines for Exposure to RFFields
From: aalaun@ibm.net (Fred Laun K3ZO)
Date: Sun Dec 28 15:26:11 1997
Hi Larry:

At 11:14 AM 12/28/97 -0600, you wrote:

>On Sun, 28 Dec 1997, Fred Laun K3ZO wrote:
>
>>  These guidelines must be observed by USA Amateur
>> Radio stations beginning 1 January 1998, or four days from now (see 47 CFR
>> Part 97.13c as amended).
>
>Not so fast, my friend.  The January 1 deadline ONLY applies to new
>stations, or stations that renew of modify their license with a form 610.
>For the rest of us existing stations, we have until September 1, 2000.
>(See Jan '98 QST, page 53.)
>
>We still have 2.5 years until we have to worry about this junk.

That's not the way I interpret the rules Larry.  Every station must comply
as of 1 January 1998.  I don't depend on someone else to interpret the
rules for me, but if you want to interpret them your way, be my guest!

Anyway, nice to have carried out the operation in case some lawyer gets
wind of these regulations and comes around to take a look.   I don't like
the bureaucracy any more than you do, but how much is it going to cost you
to fight it?

73, Fred