[CQ-Contest] the truth is LOWER POWER????

Subject: [CQ-Contest] the truth is LOWER POWER????
From: DougKR2Q@aol.com (Doug KR2Q)
Date: Tue Dec 30 10:32:36 1997
Hi all...

I've received several comments that TOWNS will now force us hams to go QRP in
order to meet the regulations.  It is my believe that the control of power
levels is the sole realm of the FCC and the Federal Gov't.  Towns are
PREEMPTED from making rules regulating RF power output in the ham spectrum.

I have 1st hand experience which would seem to support my position.  Are there
any LEGAL EAGLES out there who can CONFIRM (or REFUTE) this by specifically
citing the laws?

de Doug KR2Q