[CQ-Contest] Clusters and Cheating

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Clusters and Cheating
From: ve5cma@hotmail.com (Doug Richardson)
Date: Sun Dec 7 06:20:32 1997
One more word on clusters and cheating by single ops:
I have been connected to a local cluster that provides a call sign look
up reference. I'm kind of a casual operator, and try to log as many Qs
as I can, but I am prepared to wait in a pile up (especially in SS) to
get the multiplier I need. I use the local cluster to look the running
station's name & location, and call the op by name when I work them
(gimmick I know, but I hear it from others more and more). Connected
does not mean I am using the cluster to cheat.

I think the discussion should stick to facts, and avoid conjecture. Log
comparisons to the cluster log would be the best way to establish funny
business. P.S.: Why cheat? It degrades the value of what I might win.
This is a hobby!!!

VE5CMA Doug Richardson
3226 Tufts Bay East
Regina SK  Canada  S4V 1V2