[CQ-Contest] ft-107m as a contest rig??

Subject: [CQ-Contest] ft-107m as a contest rig??
From: ve9aaa@brunnet.net (Mike Smith-VE9AA, Coreen Smith-VE9AAA,)
Date: Sat Jan 3 21:52:48 1998
Has anyone ever used a Yaesu FT-107M as a serious contesting rig ?

A local is selling off some gear, and I can pick one up relatively cheaply.

Not sure exactly if it has the 3 (6146b's) tubes like the FT-102 or not, but I
know it will run off of 12vdc (maybe only 12vdc?)

Any comments, one way or another greatly appreciated, as I have never
had the chance to use one of these rigs, though I have owned a '102, and
also own a 101E.

Mike

Michael & Coreen Smith
271 Smith Rd, Waterville
Sunbury Co, NB, E2V 3V6
Canada

Coreen (1997-1998 Co-President for Orchid Society of New Brunswick)

Mike's/ve9aa personal homepage is at:
http://members.tripod.com/~ve9aa/index.html
Coreen's/ve9aaa personal homepage is at:
http://www.geocities.com/RainForest/Vines/2174