[CQ-Contest] kid's day from kb7rta

Subject: [CQ-Contest] kid's day from kb7rta
From: henry@rio.com (henry gillow-wiles)
Date: Sat Jan 3 18:17:49 1998
This was the second kid's day event for us and again we had a great time!!

Due to work commitments, we were able to be on the air only a short time,
from 22.35 to 23.30. This was about the right amount of time for my 2
co-pilots. They were about at the end of their energy from a long x-mas
vacation and 1 hour was all they could give. I think it's better to have
them stay only as long as they want. Neither of them are going to be
contesters, too many other interests.

As usual, lots of activity on 20m. Towards the end of the peroid, the band
got very crowded and I think we ran into skeds and nets as it was nearing
7:00pm on the east coast. We went to 40m at about 23.20 and meet a couple
of nice people with no idea what was going on. A nice explaination was
given and they planned to get their younger ones invloved. I think 40m
would be a better place to focus activity and we are going to start there
next time.

All in all, more activity than the last one and more fun, too. CU on 40m in
the spring.

Log at the Kid's Day site.

henry   kb7rta

henry gillow-wiles