[CQ-Contest] "Worked Before" stupidities

Subject: [CQ-Contest] "Worked Before" stupidities
From: aa0cy@robertwanderer.gardnerville.nv.us (ROBERT WANDERER)
Date: Tue Jan 6 10:46:15 1998
I used to, but don't anymore, send "worked before" when someone calls
me and my contest software says it's a dupe. Maybe he got my call incorrect
the first time or I got his wrong.

During a recent phone contest, I had one gentleman help me figure out that
I was a dupe to him because I had entered his call wrong the first time. So
I was saved losing points for a possible "bad unique" (is that the correct
terminology)? However, most folks would not take the time in the heat of
battle to do this.

To paraphrase the famous WW2 song, "Work 'em all, work 'em all...."

73, Bob AA0CY <AA0CY@CONTESTING.COM>