[CQ-Contest] WARC and contests

Subject: [CQ-Contest] WARC and contests
From: TOMK5RC@aol.com (TOMK5RC)
Date: Wed Jan 14 11:21:30 1998
Let me suggest a more sensible tact to this thread.

There are a lot of unhappy campers on weekends when we fill the spectrum with
major contests. When I wrote the NCJ, I heard from evreryone from 75 meter pig
farmers to the 10-X people suggesting what we could do with our contests. Very
few of the suggestions were flattering.

My suggestion was (and is) to encourage the League to suggest that non-
contesters utilize contest weekends to explore the WARC bands and discover how
much fun they are. Those who are looking for a ragchew will find plenty of
uncluttered spectrum on 30, 18 and 24.

It is a win-win scenario if we can find a tactful way to advertise it.

Tom, K5RC/7
Sitting on the Mother Lode