[CQ-Contest] RE:1 & 2 land / VE damage reports

Subject: [CQ-Contest] RE:1 & 2 land / VE damage reports
From: jmarchand@ecrm.com (MarchandJohn)
Date: Thu Jan 15 08:48:46 1998
Hi Roger,

The latest I've heard this morning is as follows.

1. The US military is airlifting 110 line crews and equipment up to ME,NH,VT
from the Carolinas to help the line crews on site now and dead tired on their
feet. (Alot of Mass. ELEC. and Phone crews are up there helping out now.)
They are also airlifting in replacement poles and power transmission
equipment to rebuild where necessary.

2. Spokesmen are saying it'll take about another month to get back close to
normal.
3. According to the WX Guys/Gals New England is expecting a major "Nor'easter"
starting tonight (1-15) and lasting thru Friday and possibly SAT. The WX men
are predicting SNOW-SLEET-FREEZING RAIN in So. states. The track of the storm
will
determine what the combination will be....
But the people up north are saying it wont be too bad if it stays cold and they
get all snow. Its the freezing rain and ice build up they're still worried
about. That will really set them back.

VP Gore is visiting up into northern ME. today to visit some of the 15
countys which are determined as disaster areas.

Thats all I've heard locally in the Boston area on the drive to work today.

My prayers and best wishes go out everyone up there.

73,
John K1RC
35 mi NW of Boston.