[CQ-Contest] Re: GRAY LINE MAP

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Re: GRAY LINE MAP
From: k1ttt@berkshire.net (David Robbins)
Date: Sat Jan 17 00:53:44 1998
of course it exists, check out:

dos/windows versions:
http://www.berkshire.net/~robbins/software.html#prop

java on-line version:
http://www.berkshire.net/~robbins/mofjava/mofjava.html

--
David Robbins K1TTT (ex KY1H)
k1ttt@berkshire.net   or   robbins@berkshire.net
http://www.berkshire.net/~robbins/k1ttt.html

>From patd@wolfenet.com" <patd@wolfenet.com  Sat Jan 17 02:52:38 1998
From: patd@wolfenet.com" <patd@wolfenet.com (Patrick Dayshaw)
Subject: [CQ-Contest] Running DOS apps under Win95

There is another way to do this as well... rather than
directly editing MSDOS.SYS (which should be done carefully
to avoid problems). There is a pretty useful FREE utility
that will do it for you. It's called TweakUI(for Tweak User
Interface) and is part of a set of utilities called "Power
Toys" that are available on the Microsoft Web site under
the Win95 OS section. The referenced BootGUI setting is
available in TweakUI on the "Boot" tab under the "Start GUI
automatically" setting. Un-checking it sets the MSDOS.SYS
entry that KA6LAF noted. Next time you reboot you'll end up
at the command prompt and go no further until you type
"win", at which point the Win95 GUI will start.

Additionally TweakUI offers some other neat controls like
getting rid of the stupid Win95 Boot screen, forcing the
Boot Options menu to display each time the machine starts
(don't need to hit the F8 key), stopping the stupid "Short
Cut to" annotation on shortcuts etc. Very useful tool that
may be of use to those who need to swap back and forth
between a "CONTEST machine" and the "general purpose
machine" on the same box. All of the settings that TweakUI
controls are available by manually editing the Registry,
MSDOS.SYS etc, but TweakUI reduces the chance of errors in
manually manipulating those critical files.

You can get it here
http://www.microsoft.com/windows95/info/powertoys.htm. I
run it error free on a dozen machines between work and
home... you mileage may vary.

Disclaimer: No connection with Microsoft, Tweak, or the
User Interface entities.

Patrick
WA7VNI
patd@wolfenet.com

On Thursday, January 15, 1998 10:03 PM, Trey Garlough
[SMTP:trey@kkn.net] wrote:
> Here is a super-useful tidbit that KA6LAF gave me about
> running
> CT/TR/etc under Win95 that I'm filing it away for future
> reference.
>
> --Trey

> > Say I have a PC running Win95 and I want to run CT on
it