[CQ-Contest] Re: [TRLog] New computer

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Re: [TRLog] New computer
From: n9ssg@pobox.com (Dave Yanke)
Date: Sun Jan 18 15:24:13 1998
You are giht. I had made an assumption in my post that a 232C
interface was present, as I am sure n4si did as well. There is some
sort of interface that is needed between radio and computer.

sri.

Gather 'round to hear what Paul Erickson said at about 11:24 on 18
Jan 98:

> Hi Rick and Ron
> >
> > > The shack has a Kenwood 940 I have a if 10b for the rig but need the cable
> > > from the rig to the computer. I have heard that the MFJ cable has problems
> > > so I think I need to use the one from the makers of Prolog.
> >
> > Umm, it's just a standard serial cable. Any old computer store cable should
> > work.
>
> Actually, the cable from the rig to the computer is not just a
> standard serial cable. You can build one very easliy with just a
> resistor and a zener diode. If you want the circuit I can send it to
> you.
>
> cheers, Paul
> VE7CQK
> email: paul1@wizard.ucs.sfu.ca
>

> --
> FAQ on WWW:               http://www.contesting.com/trlogfaq.html
> Submissions:              trlog@contesting.com Administrative
> requests:  trlog-REQUEST@contesting.com Problems:
> owner-trlog@contesting.com Feature Wishlist:
> http://web.jzap.com/n6tr/trwish.html

Artificial intellegence is no match for natural stupidity.
  Dave Yanke - N9SSG
    mailto:n9ssg@pobox.com    http://www.pobox.com/~frrl
PGP Key ID 95299BA1. Email with subject 'send pgp' for key
PGP Fingerprint: 4A 4D 54 3C 2D 27 8D 19 69 42 2E D7 BF 80 10 40