[CQ-Contest] Work 'Em Dupes...

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Work 'Em Dupes...
From: wo4o@juno.com (Ric Painter)
Date: Mon Jan 26 22:19:58 1998
Jimmy, your choice to work dupes is a wise one.  Like you,
I hated dupes in my log because I didn't see the better way.
Thanks to Doug/W9WI for explaining the pros and cons to
working/logging dupes calling me and showing me the better
way.  BTW, a couple times while I was S&Ping, I would call
a specific CQing station and he and the station next door
would call me.  The station next door would send "B4",
not knowing that I wasn't calling him/her.  I simply worked the
station actually called and moved on.  So, it is possible
that it's not always the fault of the S&Ping station for a dupe.
Ignorance and carelessness are certainly a cause for dupes
too, tho.  So, you make a good point.

73 Ric wo4o@juno.com

On Mon, 26 Jan 1998 "Jimmy D. Roller" <jdroller@tricon.net> writes:
>2) Several calls on the dupe list belonged to what I consider to be
>contest veterans that I have worked many times over the years.
>This group ought to know better, but obviously do not or don't care!
>The other more important thought, though, is that when you are
>in the S&P mode, you have a responsibility to check for a previous QSO
>before you call. I try my best to avoid calling a second time when I
>S&P >and I would expect you to do the same. It's common courtesy, if
>nothing else. Why waste the time of the running station and your own
>operating time by making duplicate QSOs?

>Vy 73 and good contesting,
>
>Jim, N4IR

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]