[CQ-Contest] Two-Radio Debate

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Two-Radio Debate
From: TOMK5RC@aol.com (TOMK5RC)
Date: Tue Jan 27 11:33:12 1998
In a message dated 98-01-27 10:52:00 EST, aalaun@ibm.net writes:

<< I am distressed to read on this reflector accounts from people who despair
 of ever being able to enjoy contests because they are financially or
 geographically disadvantaged and therefore can't win.  All I'm trying to
 say to them is that, instead of trying to find a new category somewhere
 which may allow them to win something or get bragging rights among their
 peers, they might just shift gears and learn to enjoy the inner fulfillment
 that comes with savoring the contest of the moment for its other qualities.

 73, Fred

Don't get heartburn, Fred. There's something in contesting for just about
everyone. I love digging out mults, but I also enjoy an hour at 300+ every so
often. I know others that go into panic when the WWV forecast, just before the
contest, is less than wonderful. I know Bill and I did not read into his
postings that he was suggesting that what blows his skirt up should be the
ONLY fun there is in contesting.

It keeps going back to the fact that we seldom advance our careers or fatten
our bank accounts as the result of the outocome of a radio contest. Do what
makes you happy.

Go visit KB8N, whose antennas are wires camouflaged in 20' trees. I don't know
of a contester who enjoys the sport more than Paul does, yet his limitations
are just opportunities to excel.

Tom, K5RC  (K7GJ)