[CQ-Contest] SS Coffee Cups

Subject: [CQ-Contest] SS Coffee Cups
From: KC1F@prodigy.net (KC1F)
Date: Fri Jan 30 21:12:43 1998
Bruce Sawyer wrote:

> This is just a query to see if I'm alone in a bit of confusion I'm having
> with ARRL over coffee cups or whether others are having similar
> experiences...
>
> A couple of weeks ago I received a package from the ARRL containing 2 SS
> pins--one for CW, one for SSB.  This is for the 1997 SS.  I immediately
> wrote KR1R, told him I did not ask for SS pins but had requested the SS
> coffee cup, and also mentioned that I had in my grubby little hands the
> cancelled check for $10 to ARRL that was plainly marked "1997 ARRL SS Coffee
> Cup".  I even offered to send the pins back to him.  I've never received a
> response back to that letter.
>
> So...is anybody else stuck with unwanted pins instead of the coffee cup?
> It's not like I need another coffee cup, of course, but so far I have a full
> matched set of SS cups and wanted to continue the collection.
>
> 73,
> Bruce, N6NT
>
> --
     Hi Bruce:
     I've sent for mugs and pins every year since 1991, and although I
always got the mug OK, I think every year except one they got the pins
wrong - usually two pins same mode.  This year's variation was mug OK,
one pin OK, but never got the second one.  Email to the League 1/25
unanswered so far.  I'm also trying to figure out how the mugs are out
already, when the rules clearly say that they get issued when the logs
are checked and the results are printed...
                   73      Stu   KC1F@prodigy.net