[CQ-Contest] EAST vs. WEST in ARRL Sweepstakes

Subject: [CQ-Contest] EAST vs. WEST in ARRL Sweepstakes
From: n6ig@netcom.com (Jim Pratt)
Date: Mon Feb 2 09:02:38 1998
On Sat, 31 Jan 1998 K7LXC@aol.com wrote:

>       I totally agree. Hating to disclose ANY contesting secrets, the "secret
> weapon" at W6GO is a KT34A at 35 feet. High angle is a killer, right, Jim?

Actually, it is only at 20 feet.  And it is only useful as a RX antenna
on 10 meters, but boy what a difference it makes during periods of high
sun noise.  The high antennas always seem better on TX.  I agree, why
bother with 40 SSB when 10 is open and you can make 1300+ QSOs in phone
SS there?

Jim  N6IG