[CQ-Contest] April Contest Announcement

Subject: [CQ-Contest] April Contest Announcement
From: vole@primenet.com (Joe Gervais)
Date: Wed Feb 11 12:36:59 1998
Dear Contest Editor,

Here is the announcement for the 4th Annual "QRP To The Field"
contest, sponsored by the Northern California QRP Club. Every
year hundreds of QRPers take to the field and get a head start
on Field Day as well as have a great time on the air.

Could you please add our announcement to your contest column?
Thanks very much. Please let me know if you have any comments
or questions. I can be reached at (602) 925-7351, or via email
at vole@primenet.com.

Cheers de AB7TT,

-Joe Gervais, NorCal Contest Manager, vole@primenet.com

-------------------------- ANNOUNCEMENT ----------------------------

                      1998 QRP to the Field
                 Sponsored by the NorCal QRP Club

                   Theme: "Run to the Borders"

Contest Period: April 25th, 1600Z to 2400Z.

CW HF QRP Only (5W max), no WARC bands, standard QRP calling freqs.

   Stations operating from a state/province/country border get an extra
multiplier for each SPC intersecting at their *exact* location. Example:
KI6DS operates from the CA-AZ border, getting x2 Border Operator multi,
and must give a signal report from each state (Example: "579 CA, 579 AZ").
Stations working KI6DS would get SPC credit for each state, as well as
QSO pts for each separate signal report received.

Exchange: RST and SPC (Stations operating on a state/DX border must give
          a separate RST for each state, province or country.)

          Example: (Field op on CA/AZ border) "559 CA, 559 AZ"

Points:   5 pts per QSO. Stations working Border Operators score 5 pts per
          report received, and should log each state/report separately.

Multipliers:

      SPC Total (each counts once per band).
      Border Operator - Number of SPCs intersecting at your position.
      Location - Home = x2, Field = x4 (Field = battery power and temporary
          antennas).

Final Score:  QSO points x SPCs x Location X Border Operator Multi.

Awards:  Top Ten Scores Certificates

Send logs by 6/1/98 to: Joe Gervais AB7TT, NorCal Contest Manager,
PO Box 1822, Goodyear, AZ, 85338, or via email to: vole@primenet.com.
Include station and location descriptions.

For more info, email vole@primenet.com or visit the NorCal QRP
Club webpage at <http://www.fix.net/~jparker/norcal.html>.