[CQ-Contest] Outgoing "W" QSL's

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Outgoing "W" QSL's
From: TOMK5RC@aol.com (TOMK5RC@aol.com)
Date: Sun Feb 15 18:41:01 1998
In a message dated 98-02-15 15:08:25 EST, froberts@pe.net writes:

<< The USA QSL Buro ws the only outlet, but they gave it up several months
 ago stating there was a lack of interest.  I found that out when I
 received my 2" stack of cards back.  There are two Buros for the County
 Hunters, however, they are not general-purpose Buros for any US cards.

 I would urge you to put stamps on the cards and mail them.  After all,
 isn't "a QSL the final courtesy of the QSO" or doesn't that apply to
 contest Q's?

 73-
 Fred Roberts, W6TKV

So far, the USA QSL Bureau is the only one I have found, and they went out of
business last May.

Unfortunately, Fred, that cliche may be a relic. I just moved 300 pounds of
QSL cards from Texas to Nevada. I really have all of them that I might ever
want. If I want one, for some reason, I will send an SASE or SAE/Green Stamp
to let the other station know that I need his card. If I receive a card with
no SAE, SASE, mailing label, etc, I presume they were not expecting one in
return.

All that said, if there were an outlet for outgoing stateside cards (as there
is for DX cards), I would answer all of them.

Tom, K5RC/7