[CQ-Contest] Call for Speakers - 1998 Dayton Contest Forum

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Call for Speakers - 1998 Dayton Contest Forum
From: k1dg@ix.netcom.com (k1dg@ix.netcom.com)
Date: Mon Feb 16 07:55:17 1998
CALL FOR SPEAKERS

The 1998 Dayton Contest Forum will be held Saturday, May 16. I have several
slots open for speakers.

I am looking for top-level speakers to give talks on High-end Contesting
topics. If you are interested, please contact me with a short summary of
your proposed presentation. Acceptable topics are: station design,
equipment comparisons, contest DXpedition experiences, operating strategy
and techniques, and other hints that might advance the state of the art in
our sport. Presentations should be about 30 minutes in length, and visuals
such as videotape, slides, overhead foils or computerized materials are
acceptable. Printed materials and handouts are not required, but are
encouraged.

"Antenna-only" topics should be submitted to K3LR, Chairman of the Antenna
Forum.

IMPORTANT NOTE: The Contest and DX Forums will **NOT** be held in "the same
place as usual". Several alert readers noted that the fine print on page 3
of the Dayton Hamvention Pre-Show Brochure states that the DX and Contest
Forums will be held at the "larger, quieter facilities at Meadowdale High
School". Bus service will be provided (it's actually pretty close - you've
probably driven by the High School for years). This change was made for
several reasons, according to Hamvention management (of which I am not a
part). In particular, the theater curtains used to cordon off "Room 1" are
in need of repair and the electrical service for the audio/vusial needs of
the Forums needs work. Show management cannot afford these repairs
(several kilodollars' worth) this year. There is absolutely nothing that can
be done about this situation for this year...if it proves to be a major
disruption, we (all of us; there's a Web site for the Hamvention at
www.hamvention.org) can request that we be moved back to Room 1 for next
year. If it turns out to be better, then we can thank them using that
medium.

I look forward to your proposals, and look forward to seeing you all at
Dayton!

73,

Doug Grant K1DG
Chairman/Moderator, Dayton Hamvention Contest Forum
k1dg@contesting.com