[CQ-Contest] re: QSL's en masse

Subject: [CQ-Contest] re: QSL's en masse
From: w4an@contesting.com (Bill Fisher, W4AN)
Date: Tue Feb 17 20:07:40 1998
1st read this from K4BAI:

>       It would certainly be easier to just send out QSLs en masse for each
>contest, but I feel that is unfair to the bureau workers.  I love to
>receive QSLs, including those I had not requested, but not every one
>feels that way and it would be taking advantage of the bureau workers to
>burden them with unwanted QSLs just to make it convenient for me to
>print labels for everyone and forget it.

Many of the folks on this list using this meathod.  I agree, that it is
taking advantage of the system.  Not everyone wants a QSL and burdening the
League's staff to make our lives easier doesn't seem right.

I have discovered that many of the logging programs available make it very
easy to deal with masses of QSL cards from the buro.  When you get a
bundle, look up each card and tag it in the program to print a QSL label.
After you get done with the stack you tell the program to print all
contacts tagged for QSLing.  The program prints the labels and you are
ready for to send a sorted stack to the League.

The program I use is DX4WIN.  I'm sure others do it also.

73

Bill, W4AN

Bill Fisher, W4AN (EX KM9P)
http://www.contesting.com