[CQ-Contest] RE: 9M0C & ARRL CWDX

Subject: [CQ-Contest] RE: 9M0C & ARRL CWDX
From: trey@kkn.net (Trey Garlough)
Date: Tue Feb 24 18:28:09 1998
> There were a lot of negative comments prior to the contest regarding 9M0C
> not operating in the contest.  I worked them on 40 and 80 on Sunday morning.
> Because of all the negative comments I verified I was in fact in the log for
> both of those contacts. I know I wasn't the only one to work them because
> the pile-ups were huge. I'm not trying to start a 'never-ending' thread I'm
> just curious about the change and the lack of comments(so far).

OK, here's some feedback.  I'm really glad that they got on and handed
out some QSOs during the contest.  Their signal on 160 Saturday
morning was the best I had observed during their entire operation up
to that point, and the fact that they were handing out QSOs during the
contest gave additional folks the opportunity to bag a new one on top
band.  Their signal on 160 Monday morning after the contest was truly
impressive!

In summary, I think the moral of the story is the same for 9M0C boys
as for everyone else.  If you are a skilled operator, then you will be
able to work guys within the context of a contest or *in spite of* a
contest that may be taking place.  These guys have a clue, and they
didn't let the contest disturb their effectiveness.  Too bad that the
people who kvetch about contests interfering with *their* planned
activities aren't as savvy.

--Trey, N5KO