[CQ-Contest] Hats off to W3TS

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Hats off to W3TS
From: thecomshop@monad.net (Doug - K1ZO)
Date: Sun Mar 1 16:58:53 1998
Last night while working the CQ 160 'test at N1KWF, I saw a packet spot for
S50A and went to find him. He was calling CQ about 700 Hz above W3TS who
was also calling CQ.

I threw my call out a few times and W3TS came back to me...I guess figuring
that I didn't know how to tune to his frequency. I told him we had worked
and was trying the S50A.

To my amazement, he stopped calling CQ while I attempted to work the S5.
After a couple of calls it was evident the S5 was not hearing me, so I
thanked W3TS and moved on.

To me an action like that is a rare occurence in contesting. So I applaud
W3TS for giving me renewed faith in Amateur Radio contesting.

I guess that's why it's called "The Gentlemen's Band"

73
Doug - K1ZO
Webmaster - YCCC Website

BTW, would someone please forward this to the topband reflector...Tnx!