[CQ-Contest] Phonetics and complete calls

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Phonetics and complete calls
From: TOMK5RC@aol.com (TOMK5RC)
Date: Fri Mar 13 10:16:52 1998
'Ya know, it's always something. I test drove K7GJ for the first time in a DX
phone contest last weekend and about every third QSO, the guy would miss the
prefix, even though I said "Kilo Seven" or "Kilowatt Seven" every time.  When
I was WA5LES, I thought 2x3 was a real burden, but I did win SS with that
call. It may be that your voice characteristics are more important than the
call sign. I never hear anyone mistake ZD8Z.

Tom, K5RC/7
AKA K7GJ