[CQ-Contest] 1997 CQ WW SSB

Subject: [CQ-Contest] 1997 CQ WW SSB
From: k3est@mother.com (Bob Cox)
Date: Fri Mar 13 02:45:12 1998
Dear Fellow Contester,

     The CQ WW Contest Committee is happy to announce the
availability of an evaluation of your **1997 CQ WW SSB log**. The
log checking process of the CQ WW CC has reached to point that we
can provide useful information back to each entrant.

EMAIL LOG SUBMISSIONS
     If you submitted an EMAIL log to <ssb@cqww.com>, you received
a PASSWORD that allowed you to view your own log on the WWW at the
download your PERSONALIZED Evaluation of your 1997 CQ WW SSB log.
The information can be found in your UBN and NIL files under your
call sign.

DISK LOG SUBMISSIONS
     If you submitted your log on a computer DISK, you were NOT
given a personalized PASSWORD. In order for you to receive your
personalized UBN and NIL reports, you must request the data from
<k3est@cqww.com>.

PAPER ONLY LOG SUBMISSIONS
     If you submitted your log only on paper, no evaluation is
available. In 1998 please send the CQ WW CC your email or disk +
paper summary electronic log.

IMPROVEMENT
     We, like you, are not infallible. The CQ WW CC is constantly
trying to improve it's analysis technique. If you notice anything
odd, a mistake or have a question send a message to
<questions@cqww.com>

EXPLANATION OF UBN/NIL files
     On the cqww.com web site, there is a file called UBN/NIL
reports explained. It is long and complex so take the time to make
sense of it before asking any questions. It should eliminate a
reason to ask a question. We get a lot of mail. So if you really
don't understand something make your question count.

FAIRNESS of ELECTRONIC SUB vs PAPER ONLY log
     You might ask: "If I submit an electronic log, and my
competitor does not, how can the logs be fairly judged?"
     They can't. We know this so we go through the entire results
to locate any cases where a position change was due to this
problem. We then type the non-electronic log onto a disk and run an
analysis. In this way both logs are judged the same way.

OBJECTIVE
     The purpose of the CQ WW CC's log checking and evaluation is
to help all entrant's improve and to more legitimately certify the
winners. Every one makes mistakes. Use the information to improve.

     We received 800 computer PAPER logs on SSB in 1997 with NO
electronic log. If you have you log on a computer, please submit
your 1998 CQ WW logs electronically: email or disk + paper summary.

Thanks and we hope you enjoy this service.

73

Bob, K3EST
CQ WW Director