[CQ-Contest] Florida QSO Party, please read!

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Florida QSO Party, please read!
From: k4oj@ij.net (Jim White, K4OJ)
Date: Sun Mar 22 13:27:55 1998
Have you been to the website for the Florida QSO Party lately?

The Florida Contest Group is pleased to announce that thanks to support of
numerous individuals and clubs from both within and outside of Florida
there will be an excellent chance that all of the Florida Counties will be
activated next month for the Florida QSO Party, April 25th & 26th.

If you are a Floridian who would like to join us please go the website at
the bottom of this e-mail and look at the county map.  Counties which have
been colored orange, I like that, are ones where we have had hams give us
commitments to turn on their radio the weekend of April 25 and 26 and get
their county on the air. Please go there and see if your county has been
colored in and if not, please contact either k4oj@ij.net or kn4t@gate.net
and let us know if you can get on to help us allow some lucky ham a chance
to seep Florida.

Thanks in part to five mobiling efforts we know of so far, the vast
majority of counties have commitments.  With the help of some more fixed
stations we can do a better job of routing the mobiles to needed counties
to hopefully ensure a sweep is possible.

In addition to the usual operating achievement awards (check out our web
page or this month's QST to see the rules, categories, etc.)  I personally
wish to sponsor an award for the first ham to Sweep Florida.

A personal treasure many hams have is a whisk broom won for Sweeping in the
1983 ARRL 50th anniversary Sweepstakes....I know I have mine on the wall
next to this computer! I hereby volunteer a similar prize, an Orange broom,
to the ham who first sweeps Florida during the Florida QSO Party next
month.

If you would like to follow news or add comments on the FQP, we now have an
e-mail reflector, which works similar to the one which brings you this
e-mail form CQ-Contest.  Here are the details form the "FAQ"    bk

TO:       majordomo@qth.net
SUBJECT:
BODY:     subscribe fqp

....we also have an excellent web page with information on who will be
activating each of Florida's Counties....as we learn of more of them, this
list is updated....mobile operators may wish to check out the www link to
the QRQ police!   This website will eventually be a database for records of
the winners from outside Florida as well as all the Florida County
Records...

I will take this shameless opportunity to advertise for an HF mobile
antenna, anyone got one for sale?

73, we hope to see you in the FQP - can I interest you in a broom?

Jim, K4OJ/m

Florida Contest Group - visit our website at:

http://www.4w.com/deemer/fcg.htm

What's an FQP? The Florida Contest Group is pleased to announce the
rebirth of the Florida QSO Party, check out the FQP website@:

http://home1.gte.net/wd4ahz/fcg/ssqp.htm