[CQ-Contest] Re: CQ-Contest Digest V1 #463

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Re: CQ-Contest Digest V1 #463
From: jsschuster@snet.net (Jack Schuster)
Date: Sun Mar 29 00:06:22 1998
You have enough replies to write a book already, but here's my two
cents!  I use THHN for all my wire antennas... have some 12 ga annd some
14. I dont find stretching a problem at all; I find 5% to be a pretty
consistent figure for shortening from 468/f. Just put an inv L on 160
last week, using K1ZM's dimensions but forgot about the fact I was using
insulated wire. Shortened it 5% and it moved right where I wanted it.
The outter plastic coating does deteriorate and peel off, but other than
aesthetics it doesn't seem to matter.  73 JACK