[CQ-Contest] Alpha/Power Rumor

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Alpha/Power Rumor
From: broz@csn.net (John Brosnahan)
Date: Thu Mar 12 20:07:57 1998
Dear Contesters,

I have had a couple of inquiries about the truth of the rumor that
seems to be propagating on the east coast that Alpha/Power is
out of business!  Friends thought that since I was in Colorado
I might have heard what is going on.

Since the contest community has been a major supporter of ETO
and now Alpha/Power I thought it appropriate to address this
rumor on the contest reflector (with Trey's permission, of course).

There is NO truth to the rumor that Alpha/Power has ceased
operation.   In fact, just the opposite is true.   I know that
Alpha/Power is looking towards growth in the future and
continued building of a number of fine amplifiers because I have
taken over as president and technical director!

I think the best way to summarize the situation is to repeat
Dick Ehrhorn's posting on the amps reflector--which I have included
at the end of this message, but just let me mention that Dick
Ehrhorn was the founder of ETO--the company that developed
many fine amplifiers and Dick Ehrhorn remains the majority
stockholder of Alpha/Power the company that was spun-off from
ETO two years ago to concentrate on amateur radio products.

I am looking forward to attending a number of amateur radio
conventions over the coming months (and years) to say hello
to my many friends, and to meet many new ones, as well.

73  John  Brosnahan   W0UN
President and Technical Director
Alpha/Power