[CQ-Contest] Re: Make WPX more fun for USA

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Re: Make WPX more fun for USA
From: JEH@on.mobile.telia.se (Jan-Erik Holm)
Date: Sun Apr 5 16:50:18 1998
>I am not sure if someone has already made simple proposal to count own country
>1 point in WPX instead of ZERO and make it a ball for USA hams with their
>variety of prefixes.  I still remember neverending WRTC-96 pile-up in CA.
>Considering 2 points inter-NA QSO in WW, I guess rest of the world can live
>with changed WPX winners!?
>
>73 de Mario, S56A, N1YU.
>P.S.  I personally consider WPX the most stupid contest as mults come by
>default on endless CQ.

Well, it isnt that simple. Sure we could do away with the zero point
QSOs and lets say give those QSOs 1 point but then we have to change
the value for QSOs outside your own country. Forexample QSOs with your
own continent but outside your own country might give 2 points and
QSOs outside your continent maybe 3 points.

73 Jim SM2EKM