[CQ-Contest] Help--Broken Hofi coax Switch

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Help--Broken Hofi coax Switch
From: jreid@aloha.net (Jim Reid)
Date: Tue Apr 7 15:29:21 1998
Hi,

Was surprised to attempt to switch antennas the other day,
and  the  antennas didn't switch!!

I have a couple Hofi HO2016 rotary coax switches:  they are
single pole,  five throws.  The thru path is  now "stuck" to/at
position 5,  and  refuses to change.  The large knob and shaft
turn,  the detent  feels as if it is operating just fine as the knob
shaft turn,  but the signal path does  not change.  There are
two screws on the back of the circular case;  assumed I could
remove them and re tighten a loose set screw or something
inside the unit;  but  no luck,  the back refuses to come
off,  even with the only two obvious screws removed.
Then thought,  well remove the knob and perhaps it unscrews
from the front.  Well the knob has two large set screws holding
it on;  remove them,  and the knob will not leave the shaft!
Thought perhaps the knob must unscrew from the shaft once
the set screws are removed;  no luck that way either.

Only option left seems to be to send the switch back to
Germany,  but that seems a bit drastic from out here near
mid-Pacific!  Maybe I'll just toss it and get another Alpha-
Delta single pole four throw switch!

Any ideas about repair of this switch out there?

73,  Jim,  KH7M
On the Garden Island of Kauai