[CQ-Contest] Re: DX & Contest Forums NOT @ Hara Arena

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Re: DX & Contest Forums NOT @ Hara Arena
From: ni6t@best.com (Garry & Yelena)
Date: Sat Apr 11 23:57:54 1998
I sent an irate letter to both those addresses. Fat lot of good it will
do.

It costs me a grand and two vacation days to do Dayton. They have given
me a good reason not to do Dayton again. Unfortunately, I did not find
out until I had bought air tix, gotten a room, purchased banquet tix,
etc.

If they continue with that stupidity, this will be my last trip.

Garry, NI6T

Mike Rhodes wrote:

> Just found out something today that really frosts my a#$ and thought that
> those of you who are (were?) planning on attending at least some of the DX
> and Contesting forums might be interested.
>
> The dara hamvention committee (lack of capitalization intentional!!), in all
> their infinite wisdom, has moved BOTH the DX and Contesting forums off site
> this year. Guess they don't want those of us who still have and use HF
> privliges corrupting the minds of all the shack-on-the-belt types.

(snip)
--
Garry Shapiro, NI6T
160 meters: not a band, but an obsession