[CQ-Contest] WPX Scoring Change for 1999!

Subject: [CQ-Contest] WPX Scoring Change for 1999!
From: k5na@bga.com (Richard L. King)
Date: Fri Apr 17 17:42:04 1998
At 11:09 PM 4/16/98 +0100, K3MM wrote:
>CQ Magazine just hit my mailbox with the 97 WPX CW results....
>
>Tucked away at the very end of the article is the statement:
>
>"Beginning with the 1999 contest, the scoring will be changed to allow 1
point
>for in-country QSO's.  That's 1 point regardless of band"

That is a terrific rule change that eliminates the situation of QSOs where
one station gets absolutely zero score improvement from the exchange and
doesn't want to bother with working the other station.

Now if only CQWW rule-makers would wake up and fix that situation with
their contest. They need to either make ALL QSOs be worth something to both
stations or completely remove the need for ANY zero-point QSOs. I don't
care which way they fix it, but it really needs to be fixed.

73, Richard

K5NA@BGA.COM
http://www.realtime.net/~k5na