[CQ-Contest] Ontario QSO Party - Apr. 25-26th--reminder!

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Ontario QSO Party - Apr. 25-26th--reminder!
From: ve3sre@compuserve.com (Bob Chandler)
Date: Sat Apr 18 02:38:46 1998
Hello all!

Just a friendly reminder that next weekend April 25-26th, the second annual
Ontario QSO Party will be on the air from 1800UTC Saturday to 1800 UTC on
Sunday!  At this stage we are very close to having all 48 Ontario
multipliers on the air...a tough job considering that the province of
Ontario covers almost 500,000 square miles of turf!

We even have one ham operating on battery power from his "lonely log cabin"
on Manitoulin Island to put the Manitoulin District on the air...look for
Al VE3VKP (Canadian island award chasers also take note!).

There are a number of mobile operations as well!   Folks within earshot of
the Ontario/U.S. border should also give a listen on VHF/UHF both SSB/CW
and FM simplex as there will be activity there ....and of course...should
we get some early Sporadic-E skip check out 6 meters for OQP activity.

Just another reminder...that our website has moved from what was published
in "The Canadian        Amateur", "CQ" and "QST" and a few other
publications....its now at

http://www.durhamradio.ca/odxa/qsorules.html

73 de Bob VE3SRE